Thursday, October 30, 2008

I am human

I was outraged...

I put the previous posting on my facebook page. I think this important and the points need to get out there.

It was obvious that my passive aggressive cousin had read it when I read the following status update. "___ is tired of the rich getting richer, and people who think the "American Dream" is about money. There is no money in the Constitution."

In my outrage I got home from work and asked my husband. "Can you explain to me what the American Dream is?" His response was "I understand it to be totally free. To be able to do what you want when you want." I then asked him if money was involved in it. He said, "Well, yes. You can't make it in this world without money."

I guess then I need to pose the question to my cousin what his view of the American Dream is. I know that for me it is to be successful and to achieve your dreams, not just pursue them. If the American Dream is just about pursuing your dreams then I am in the wrong country. My dream is to be successful and not have to rely on anyone else to provide for my families needs. Then to teach and spread The Word of God. If that offends you well then excuse me, but that is who I am and I am American.

I can't be too mad at my cousin, he has his opinions and he is entitled to them. People just need to remember that opinions are the cheapest commodity in the world. Everyone has millions.


Second outrage --

Why are we talking about Sarah Palin's clothes??? Why are we not talking about the real issues!!!!

1 comment:

Rev. Julieanne Paige, O.M.C. said...

Hi Sara

Great to see you back in the blogosphere :)

The American Dream?... hmmm I'm in the UK but am Australian so don't think I can help with that one :)

Speak soon!

Julieanne